pinpointtools Support Policy
Free Support Included with pinpointtools Products
pinpointtools provides free technical support for all of its products using our Support Forums. To request help with products and trial evaluations, please click on Support on the menu above and you'll go to our Forums. You will need to Register and then can post questions, or search the Forums for an answer to your question.
Paid Support via the telephone
We do not provide free telephone support for any of our products. pinpointtools offers fee-based telephone support on a per minute basis, or can refer you to other support resources, such as consultants or other specialists. Here are some examples of support services offered by pinpointtools:
- Help on any pinpointtools product; customization, installation, or other service
- Help with Business Contact Manager, Outlook, CRM, or ACT! itself, unrelated to the use of the pinpoint product
- Training, in both online classes or one-on-one sessions
- Help with related products, such as ActiveSync, Accounting, and Crystal Reports
- Choice, setup and configuration of PCs, printers, Pocket PCs, and other hardware
- Help with Windows and other software
- Networking and network configuration
The cost of support is US$2.50 per minute, with a 10 minute minimum, paid either in advance or by credit card at the time the service is rendered. Please contact pinpointtools with your support and training requirements, and we will advise you on how to obtain the best support and what resources are available.
Who May Receive Support
Free technical support is available only to registered, licensed users of pinpointtools products. pinpointtools cannot provide free support for co-workers, assistants, friends or others persons attempting to use a user's licensed copy. pinpointtools can offer fee-based support for any other people designated by the registered user.
Older Versions and Obsolete Products
pinpointtools may, at any time, stop selling and supporting older versions of any of its products. Normally this happens when a new version of the product is available, so that all of our development, sales and support resources are dedicated to the new version. This allows us to provide you with the best possible products and support.
pinpointtools also reserves the right to, at any time, declare a product or product version as obsolete, and thus stop selling new licenses and providing support for that product. Once a product is declared obsolete, users of that product will no longer be able to purchase new licenses from pinpoint or obtain support for it, even if they have not started or are still within their evaluation period or post-purchase 30-day free support period.
A minimum of 90 days notice will be given on this web site, and possibly by other means such as email to registered users, before pinpoint stops providing sales and support for older versions of a product or a product is declared obsolete. This notice period is specifically intended to allow users who are evaluating or using the product to make their purchase decision.
No support is provided for previous versions of any product acquired by pinpointtools from other companies. This includes:
- TransAct Commercial, TransAct Residential, TransAct Mortgage Banking and TransAct Home Builders, acquired by pinpoint tools from RECS in August 2001
- RepManager!(now called Sales Manager) and ReportManager!, acquired by pinpoint tools from support4U.inc in April, 2001
Customers with older versions of these products, bought from their former owners, may receive support only after purchasing an upgrade to the latest pinpoint tools versions of these products. Contact Sales at 800-238-0560 or email@example.com for more information about upgrades.